Posted: Fri, March 24, 2023
East - Ham Hill (Kent), Snodland or Falmer (Brighton)
West – Chickenhall WTW (Hampshire), Eastleigh/Falmer
Reporting to the Cappagh Browne Utilities’ Head of Planned Works and work on our Southern Water framework (covering areas in Kent, Sussex and Hampshire) as well as projects for private clients, managing a portfolio of projects to deliver commercially successful, safely executed, high quality projects.
- Managing all phases of the project from pricing through project delivery from design to delivery on site, including the client relationship for each project; control of scope and budget; design, direction and supervision of direct operatives, subcontractors and suppliers; plant and materials requisitions; all while ensuring safe practices are implemented at all stages.
- Creating, maintaining and working to, the project programme, in accordance with the clients expectations and the requirements of CDM i.e. allowing sufficient time to safely plan and deliver works.
- Liaising with client, stakeholders and other parts of the business to obtain and share information, licences and permits as required to deliver the project.
- Planning the project in line with CDM requirements and delivering project documentation including CPP, RAMS etc.
- Providing reports and updates on the project progress for internal and external audiences.
- Liaising with the commercial team on scoping, pricing, contract and commercial issues, including advising any changes cost, quality and programme.
- Engaging with the client and CBUL Customer Stakeholder Manager to plan for customer and stakeholder management and project communications.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post
The purpose of this role is to ensure successful delivery of a range of gravity and pressurised waste water systems solutions projects.
- Relevant experience in civil engineering – at least 5 years’
- Water/utility network experience desirable.
- Valid Driving Licence
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management (IOSH or Construction Managers Safety Certificate)
- Relevant CSCS
Nice to have:
- Degree / HNC / NVQ Level 6 Engineering / Construction Management
- In return we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days annual leave
- Car Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Access to EAP
A full company induction will be provided and Personal Protective Equipment. A drug and alcohol test will be performed at the induction in accordance with Cappagh’s policy.
Cappagh is an equal opportunities employer.